Thursday, January 8, 2009

Where in the World have I been?

Julia updated her map of visited US States, and encouraged others to do the same. So here is an update of my visited states:


visited 35 states (70%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project

My map (Eastern wise) is an opposite of Julia's. I have never really been to the east coast (with the exception of flying into Richmond, VA, when I was 13 with my parents, and visiting Philadelphia for GSA and a grad school visit - where I was taken to Atlantic City so I could see New Jersey looks different than it does in the Soprano's [tv show]). Of course Oregon is staring me in the face. Maybe if I am lucky I will get to go there for GSA this next year. And Hawaii....I vote for SVP 2011 in Maui!!

And my world map:


visited 5 states (2.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project

One word: pitiful :(
US, Canada (Ontario, BC & Alberta), Mexico (Chihuahua & Baja California), Japan, and Jamaica.

6 comments:

Silver Fox said...

How did you miss out on Oregon, my "home" state?

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

I have never driven around in that part of the world before. Most of the times I have been in Washington I either flew into Seattle drove to Spokane from Montana.

Zach said...

Where in Alaska did you travel?

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

I lived in Alaska for 3 months the summer of 2001. I worked up at Independence Mine State Historic Park/Hatcher Pass in the Talkeetna Mountains, north of Wasilla and Palmer. Have you been there before?

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

While there we went down to Seward, and up to Denali, Fairbanks, Chena Hot Springs, North Pole, and down the Richardson Highway.

Anonymous said...

Canada?